Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

After ten years of not riding motorcycles I've gone back to that way of life. I don't consider myself a biker or a bad ass ..I'm just a man. I didn't ride when my children were younger and at home because I didn't want to leave my wife as a single mom. I raised my children and did the things that are normally expected of stay at home moms. I did the laundry the cooking ..I got the kids off to school and loved my children ..I felt like a slave to them at times. I was a taxi service when they hit the years where they were in band and baseball. I taught my daughter and son to cook and my son and daughter both how to grow food, raise animals, collect eggs from our chickens and to survive. I won't be leaving them a million dollars as a inheritance instead i taught them to survive on their owb and gave them love and understanding and I taught them right from wrong,not societies right and wrong but the right and wrong of their own souls. I taught them that if they cannot accept who they are and if they cannot look into the mirror at the end of the day and like what they see then they are doing it wrong. As every parent I did things wrong and I did things right. I love my children and will die to protect them but they won't ever expect that of me. Back to the point. Nearing the end of a really great life I am happy with what things are and live each day at a time. I am riding my Harley's again and plan on trips that have no real destination . I ride because I am a free man that believes that the personal freedom of the open road is more important than making sure the taxes are paid. I love ...I live and I ride. At the same time I will not give up my personal integrity for anything.. the road calls and the age I am at will it will be one mile at a time. No one owns me and no one controls me. In retrospect I look back and think I wouldn't do anything differently because if I did ,I wouldn't be the man I am now and right now in this space and time. I like me. I wish this for everyone. Know the freedom of walking and the wisdom to know when it is time to stay..but do both free of outside influences. Automonous is the way I describe my life and when my time to die comes.I will meet it happily and my esssence will explode into the universe with the beauty I've seen in this lifetime. . Older but wiser happy and sad and grateful for the light of life that burns stronger every day. I wish that for everyone ..be happy this is a great worls.. as I've said many times. ."ain't life grand?"

No comments:

Post a Comment